Girls Learning Code programs are designed to help girls see technology in a whole new light – as a medium for self-expression, and as a means for changing the world.
What they do?
- Workshops, camps and after school programs for 6- to 17-year-old girls.
IFS team comment:
- How It can impact the community as a whole or under developed communities?
- Particularly in the conservative society or more strict communities, girls are not allowed to work or go out of their home.
- So having this courses and empower them with online skills can provide a opportunity for them to create something from their desk and still be a part of innovation and change.
- We are not saying right or wrong about that strict communities, but this are the solution that can be implemented for them.
- Anyone can be a volunteer providing this basic knowledge sharing and training to kids and girls.
Points from their website: PROGRAMS FOR GIRLS:
Offers Girls Learning Code programs in a variety of accessible formats
At our project-based workshops, girls and boys learn how technology can be leveraged as a creative tool to change the world.
Week-long full-day March Break and Summer camps designed for girls and boys between the ages of 8 and 13 who want to become builders and makers of technology (in Toronto and Vancouver).
3. After School Programs
At our weekly after-school and evening programs, girls between the ages of 8 and 17 are encouraged to collaboratively build upon a variety of creative projects and further develop their tech skills.