- The S.U.R.E. campaign is an initiative by the National Library Board to promote the importance of information searching and discernment.
- The nation-wide campaign was launched in 2013, and Singapore is the first country outside of the United States to promote Information Literacy (IL) on a national scale for the general public.
S.U.R.E. distills key Information Literacy (IL) concepts into 4 simple ways:
- Source: Look as its origins. Is it trustworthy?
- Understand: Know what you’re reading. Search for clarity.
- Research: Dig deeper. Go beyond the initial source.
- Evaluate: Find the balance. Exercise fair judgement.